Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Ring

I know, I know.  I promised this picture this weekend, but then I worked 8 hours, hosted a bbq, went to another bbq.  And in between, I was studying or something. 
But here it is: 

I've never liked solitaire rings for me. For other people, if that suits your fancy, yay!  I prefer bands.  I always have.  Ask my mom :)

We were at Fred Meyer one evening and Britton was looking at watches.  You know, those $3,000 ones in the Jewelers section.  I was wandering around looking at the other things, when the sales lady talked him into looking at rings for me.  She said something along the lines of, if you're going to buy yourself something new and pretty, your lady needs something new and pretty too.  So, she gave me lots of HUGE rings that I would never wear!  Then she handed me a ring similar to this one, except it was 1/2 caret bigger.  And I loved the style, but still, it was too big for my tastes.  So I kept in on the middle of my finger, when I noticed the one I now own.  I slid it on my finger, and it was perfect!  The exact right size diamonds and band width.  I loved it.  Britton wasn't too sure, he tried to get me to like the bigger one, but I just didn't.  Then the sales lady started asking about my promise ring, and if it had been purchased at Fred Meyer Jewelers.  It had.  And so she started selling to Britton, you know you can trade in the old ring at the same price you bought it for and put it towards the new one? And at first I didn't want to give up my promise ring, but the appeal of the new ring won me over.  And I don't regret it.  I love the story.  <3 Thanks Britton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment