Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Ceremony Location

I'm super stoked!! We're 99% positive the ceremony is going to be held on the Sternwheeler Tanana Chief!! There are just a couple little details we have to figure out!! - Like if our friend's wheelchair can get to the deck so he can watch the ceremony too, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Brunch on Sunday was as amazing as I remember and Britton was pretty impressed too.  The river (while not the Kenai) is pretty, but we think the ride might be a little too short to enjoy the reception.  So, our plan is to have the ceremony and cocktails and the group pictures that we want (assuming the lighting is good) on the Sternwheeler with limited guests (since the upper deck can only hold 75 - and that might be standing room; another detail we need to look into) and then go elsewhere for our reception, have a BBQ and invite the whole world - well, okay, all the people we know :)

If you are in Fairbanks, I highly recommend spending the $40 for the Sunday Brunch Cruise - and I would be willing to go again.  :)  My friend and mentor Cara was bummed when I checked-in on Facebook saying we were looking at a wedding venue and didn't think to invite "mock" guests... I wish I had thought of that - it would have been with more people we knew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment